The new year release brings with it a host of bug fixes and a variety of enhancements and improvements that pave the way for some future releases for the enhanced revenue recognition modules the team is working on. The following are a few of the highlights to ring in the new year.
Catalog Price Lift in Dollar$
The catalog items that are recurring can now be configured to uplift the price by percentage and by dollar amount. You can also set different price lifts based on the different currencies that you sell in.
Salesforce Coupon Support
When creating a customer in Salesforce, you can associate a coupon with the purchase. This information will be transferred to the customer creation in Fusebill. If the coupon selected is no longer valid it will not be applied in Fusebill.
Fusebill Payments ACH enhancement
You can now set a webhook to listen for any updates or changes to an ACH payment after the initial confirmation. With ACH, it can take a few days to completely process and now you can set a webhook that continues to listen for any changes in case any issues or updates arise with the payment.
General system improvements and efficiencies were improved in this release.
- In Quickbooks, finding existing customers now supports quotes in the search.
- Billing may fail on a customer with end-of-period quantity changes on the same day as mid-period migration.
- Billing may fail on a customer who had an end-of-period quantity change when a customer is eligible for billing but has not yet billed.
- Parent customer's next billing date would be null.
- Customer must have a billing address first error when importing customer edit file
- When using the Send to Fusebill button in Salesforce to create a customer, the customer is not created immediately.
- Cloudflare offering page would not purge the cache consistently.
- In Avalara Direct, the Reverse Charge preview resulted in multiple tax entries instead of just one.
- Projected invoice generation with unified Invoicing can cause subscription creation.