Here we are at the end of August. The good news is that Summer is still here, and Fusebill has another great release. The following are some highlights of this August 30, 2022 [1.213] release:
Failed in Billing Notification
Failed in Billing is a new filter to search on that provides insight into customers who may have not been billed due to several potential reasons. This filter allows you to quickly gather the customers who have not been billed and resolve the issue promptly.
In addition, a new banner will be displayed in the UI notifying you that a customer has not been billed and needs to be addressed on customers who have not been billed.
You can now set how NetSuite handles write-offs. Previously, a write off was sent as a journal entry. With today's release you can send a write off as a payment. This write off payment will need to be set to an appropriate ledger. The payment will then be able to be applied to an related invoice.
Mail Send Improvements
The mail sent grid will the status of the mail messages has been improved. The status page now displays each email address individually. For example, if you send an email to three addresses in the To: section, each email will display the status to determine which was successful or failed.
General improvements have been made to the system to be more responsive. This is particularly useful to large customer bases like IoT vendors. To enable contact Support to enable the feature.
- Netsuite customer address was not being recorded.
- Invoices that were successfully synced to Netsuite were marked as Failed to Sync to Netsuite in Fusebill.
- A failed login to Geotab caused an error resulting in the job not terminating correctly.
- Text on the Customer Dashboard did not respect boundaries.
- The invoice aging CSV format and the content displayed have been improved.
- Unable to start or cancel a customer in some special circumstances.