The Net Collections Dashboard is a "currency" dashboard. Because it represents currency, its data is split up among the different currencies you have configured, and there is no "All" option. (If you do not have multiple currencies configured in your account, these tabs will not appear.) Click on the currency tabs to view the data for each currency you have enabled.
Note: This dashboard is not available to Limited Agents.
The Net Collections dashboard shows you the current status of your net cash collections (minus discounts) versus certain times in the past.
The left graph shows the total net collections for today vs. yesterday and the average cash collected daily for the month.
- If you process many refunds on a given day, the net cash collected could be less than zero; in this case, the bar graph will show a negative for the day.
- The Avg MTD is represented as a red horizontal line. It tells you whether or not yesterday's and today's cash collections are approaching your average daily collection.
Note: If you typically invoice and collect on a single day every month, this average MTD calculation will be skewed because you will typically collect most of your payments on that day, and the rest of the days of the month, the collections will be at or near 0.
The middle gauge shows you net collections for this month as a portion of last month. In the example above, you can see that last month, we collected $14,124. This month, we have collected only $10,733, represented by the green part of the gauge. As the month progresses, you will see the portion grow larger. The "Last MTD" value (equal to the total because we are at the end of the month) is represented by a dotted white line on the gauge right at the bottom right.
If this month's cash collections surpass last month's, the gauge will show completely green.
- Similarly, the right gauge shows you the cash collections for this year as a portion of last year, with the amount growing and the gauge filling as the year progresses. The Last YTD is represented as the dotted white line on the gauge.
- If there is no data for a metric - as in the "Last Year" column in the sample - it will not be shown on the chart. The gauge will always show fully green.
- If there is enough revenue reversal in a month or year to cause the previous period's value to be negative, the gauge will not show (since we cannot display the % complete). You will still see the numeric values in summary.
Click on the View Details link to go to the Collections report, if you have permission.
Note: If some users in your organization are more interested in Earned Revenue than Cash Collections (typically accounting or finance users), you can disable the Net Collections dashboard in the Permissions for their role to eliminate confusion between this and the Net Revenue Dashboard.