You can create a tax rule that uses a sales tracking code instead of an address. This is useful when you have multiple locations of stores or regions and would like to tax based on those locations rather than a customer location.
To create a tax code using a sales tracking code, complete the following:
- Navigate to Setting > Financials > Taxes
- Click Create Tax Rule in the top right corner.
- On the Create Tax Rule page, for Tax Eligibility, select Sales Tracking Code.
- Select one or many tracking codes to be used. In the above example, the tracking code Store ID is used to create a tax rule.
- Complete the information as required and click Save.
- On the tax management page, you can retire or edit tax codes.