Important! Please contact Stax Bill sales (email@example.com) to enable this gateway in your account.
To configure the PayPal Express Checkout gateway in your Fusebill account, you must obtain API credentials from your PayPal Merchant Account:
- From your PayPal Merchant Account, log in to your PayPal Portal.
- Click My Account > Profile.
- Click on My Selling Tools.
- Find option API Access and click on Update.
- From the API Access screen, choose Option 2 and click on Request API Credentials.
- From Option 2, choose Request API Credentials.
- Update Stax Bill with the UserName, Password and Signature from the page below.
Using PayPal as a Payment Method
- In Stax Bill, navigate to Settings >Collections >Gateways.
- On the Gateways page, click the PayPal Express Checkout button under the PayPal heading.
- Enter your details, and click Save.
Once you have the gateway configured, you must then offer your clients a means of entering their PayPal account information into Stax Bill. PayPal offers many different ways of integrating Express Checkout into your web application. Please consult the documentation at https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/products/#ec or contact PayPal for more information.
Stax Bill also offers a simple hosted customer self-service portal where customers can update their own payment methods. This portal can be configured upon request in your Stax Bill account; additional fees may apply. Those who already have hosted pages included in their Stax Bill account and who enable PayPal Express Checkout will automatically see support for PayPal in their hosted pages.
There is also a "brute force" method of entering a customer's BAID (Billing Agreement ID) by typing it directly into the customer's record in Stax Bill UI. See Payment Methods for more information.
For more information about PayPal and BAID transactions, refer to https://www.paypalobjects.com/webstatic/en_US/developer/docs/pdf/pfp_expresscheckout_pp.pdf. - Chapter 2 - Page 19 - Billing Agreements and Reference Transactions.
The most common usage would be - Obtaining the BAID Without Express Checkout Purchase - Page 25.