In Stax Bill, custom fields are data fields you can add to Plans and Products in Plans. These fields allow you to store custom information or data inside the Stax Bill platform, which can be used to connect Stax Bill with other systems in your organization. They can also provide extra reporting information out of Stax Bill to be input into other platforms (available only through Stax Bill Customer Support).
Custom Fields are Key/Value pairs and contain a "Friendly Name," a "Key," and a "Value." Each field must specify one of three data types: Text, Number, or DateTime.
Once a field has been created, its data type cannot be changed.
- Click Add a Custom Field to create a new custom field. The fields you specify are as follows:
- Friendly Name is a human-readable name to remind you of the purpose of the field when configuring it on Subscriptions or Products.
- The Key is a unique identifier used in API calls to set values on custom fields. This is a very useful feature because it allows you to store arbitrary or business-specific information in Stax Bill and then use it to track data in your other business systems.
- The Data Type is one of String, Number, or DateTime.
- Click Create to create the new field. (You will assign values to the fields when you use them on a Subscription or Product).
Note: You cannot create, edit or delete the Custom Fields via the Stax Bill API - you can only reference and manipulate their values.