A "Limited Agent" is an Agent role typically assigned to a Sales Rep or Reseller whose view into Stax Bill should be limited to only their own customers.
You can create many different Limited Agent roles, each with its own purpose, and name them whatever you'd like. They are identified by the use of the Associate to Sales Tracking Code button on the Create Role page, as shown below.
When you toggle this button on, a few things will change on the Create Role screen:
- You will be prompted to choose one of your five Sales Tracking Codes to associate with this role;
- The list of pages available to which to assign Permissions will be reduced to only five areas of the Stax Bill UI:
- Customers (the customer list)
- Customer (an individual customer record)
You can enable or disable access to any or all of these, and their child pages, for each Limited Agent role you make. Thus each user under the Role will only be able to see the selected set of pages, and within the pages, they will only see their own customers' information. Note, however, that within these pages the Limited Agent will have full control over the customer record.
Click Create to create the Role.
Note: If you remove the Associate to Tracking Code setting from a Role, the permissions for the other pages will be left as "disabled". You will need to re-enable those permissions if you want Users in this Role to see them.
Notes about the Limited Agent Role
- Once there is at least one User tied to this Role, you can no longer change which Tracking Code it is tied to. You also cannot modify the Permissions once there are Users attached to the Role. You would need to create a new Role with a new set of permissions and then re-assign the Users to the new Role, or remove all of the Users from the Role and then modify it.
- When assigning a User to a Limited Agent Role, you must specify a value for their Tracking Code; it cannot be left blank.
- Once a User is assigned to a Limited Agent Role, its Tracking Code cannot be deleted.
- When a Limited Agent User creates a Customer record, they cannot change the Tracking Code associated with that Customer.
- A User can be associated with a Retired Tracking Code. This is required for historical reporting purposes. However, if the User tries to create a new Customer record they will receive an error.