You can add Custom Fields to your Products to store additional metadata relevant to your business. This information can be included in custom reports.
When you create custom fields on a Product at the Product level, these custom fields will automatically be carried with the Product when the Product is added to a Plan. If the custom field has a default value, this value will also be carried with the Product into the Plan. It can be overridden at that time and/or when a customer subscribes to the Plan. For information on adding Custom Fields to existing Plans and Products, see Adding Custom Fields to Existing Plans and Products.
Note: You must first define your Custom Fields in the Settings area of Stax Bill. If you have not defined your Custom Fields yet, please see the section called Configuring Custom Fields to set them up.
Setting up Custom Fields in Products
- Go to Catalog > Products and choose the product that requires Custom Fields to be added.
- Click on Custom Fields.
- Using the Add custom field to product dropdown, select the Custom Field you want to add to the Product.
- Select a Custom Field from the dropdown and click Add custom field to plan. The custom field will be added to the list at the bottom.
- If you want your custom field to have a default value when a customer subscribes to this plan, enter the information into the Default Value field and click Update to save the changes.
- You can repeat these steps to add additional custom fields to this Product.