Using Tracking and Reference Codes
Tracking Data contains Stax Bill Tracking and Reference code information. The information entered on this page relates specifically to the Customer you are viewing.
To access tracking data:
- On the Customer section of the Customer Overview page, click Tracking near the button of the section.
- Enter the data for Sales Tracking, Reference and Tracking Data.
- Click Save.
- Sales Tracking Codes allow you to assign Tracking Codes at the Customer level. Tracking Codes need to be configured before adding to Customers.
- Reference Data allow you to use up to 3 reference fields to store information that might need to be passed between Stax Bill and other systems. These fields are free-form text fields (i.e. they do not have a data type).
- Tracking Data, also known as Google Analytics, provides you with some specific marketing/campaign tracking fields. Again, they are free-form text fields and can be used for whatever information you want to capture to perform marketing campaign analysis (A/B testing, etc.)
- Using Stax Bill and Salesforce, you will also see the customer's Salesforce ID as a read-only field on this screen.
- If the record is not yet linked to Salesforce, click Link to link it.
- If you wish to disable the synchronization of this record to Salesforce, click Disable Synch. Note that this will remove all Stax Bill-specific information from the record in Salesforce, and no further updates will be performed.
- You can Resynch on demand by clicking the Resync button.
Tip: If you want to unlink a record from Salesforce, we recommend you disable the synchronization for this record before clicking unlink. Otherwise, the record will be unlinked from Salesforce, and a new Salesforce record will immediately be created for this customer because the Stax Bill plug-in will pick it up and treat it like a new record.
By default, information entered into Tracking Data is included in the Customer Download file.
Sales Tracking Codes and Reference fields can be included in all Reports if you select Include Full Customer Details under Options for each type.