When you click Plans on the Catalog tab, you will see a list of all of the plans in your account.
Tip: Click the Catalog CSV button to download a copy of your catalog (including all plans and their products) into CSV format.
There are two ways to create a new Plan:
- Using the Create Plan button from this grid
- By cloning an existing plan.
Create a new Plan
Click the Create Plan button from the Plan grid to create a new Plan from scratch.
- Choose the Catalog tab.
- Click Plans on the left menu.
- Click Create Plan.
Enter data and click Create plan.
Fields Description Name
- What do you want the Plan to be called?
- This field is output on invoices.
- Stax Bill generates a default Code based on the plan name, which you can change and modify with your code. For example, you may want to use an internal SKU for the product.
- Allows you to enter a description of the Plan.
- This information is output on invoices.
- A text field is not visible to customers but might contain explanatory notes.
- A text field you can use to store information at the Catalog level. For example, a unique reference ID from another system if you integrate with other systems such as provisioning or a CRM.
- Information entered into this field at the Catalog level is not reflected in the Reference field when adding plans to customers.
- Allows you to set the frequency options available for this plan.
- Clicking on Add another frequency to add additional billing period options.
- You can also configure a default expiry period for each frequency by toggling the Expiry On/Off button and entering the number of periods.
Cloning an Existing Plan
To use an existing Plan as a template for your new Plan, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the catalog and then click Plans
- Select edit next to the plan you want to clone
- On the following page, select Clone in the bottom right corner
The Plan Products and Custom Fields will also be cloned into the new Plan. Note that Plan Products do not need new Product Codes since they do not need to be unique. You can manually change them to new Product Codes if you wish to track them separately.