There is a natural tendency for products and plans to proliferate to accommodate special offers, promotions or client needs. While there's nothing inherently wrong with a large product catalog, a smaller catalog is easier to manage, understand, and report on. You'll find that with a little planning, the versatility of Products and Plans allow you to keep your product catalog simple and uncluttered and resist the tendency to grow.
Keep the following in mind as you plan your catalog - and feel free to consult with your Stax Bill team for advice.
- A Product can be used in multiple plans.
- A Product can be used multiple times within a single plan.
- Certain Product types (One-time and Physical goods), allow you to price at the Product level. These can be be added to Plans and/or purchased outside of a Plan.
- Products can be optional components in a plan. Use optional products to create upgrade paths or special offers.
- Plans contain pricing for multiple time intervals. Don’t create one plan for a monthly charge and another for an annual. Just add an interval to the plan.
- Similarly, plans contain pricing information for each currency. Don’t create a different price plan for each currency.
- To give different pricing to a specific client, use price overrides.
- Create a ‘Super Plan’ that contains all of your products (as optional). This makes it easy to satisfy a la carte purchases.