The Custom reports page shows you a list of all of your past and present custom report requests which have been added through paid professional services.
Each line item in the grid shows the following information:
Name: A user-friendly name for the report. This Name is used as part of the filename for the downloaded report.
The icon next to each report shows a longer description which can be edited in the Details section.
- Schedule: The current schedule for when the report is run, or "On Demand" if it has no set schedule.
- Created On: The date that the custom report was activated by you, which implies acceptance of the format and structure of the report as it was defined at that time.
- Next Run Date: The date that the report is next scheduled to run, or blank if it does not have a schedule.
- Status: Can be one of the following:
- Draft: The report has been created by Stax Bill Support according to your directions or specifications and is ready for you to review.
- Active: You have approved and activated a report and is now running according to its schedule (or waiting for on-demand download).
- Paused: Stax Bill Operations can set up if a report is causing an operational issue and needs to be temporarily stopped for other processing to run; it will also be resumed by Stax Bill Operations once the issue is resolved.
- Retired: This status is set by Stax Bill Support on request if you no longer need a particular custom report. It will no longer run on its schedule nor be available for on-demand download.
Managing a Custom Report
Click the Details button to edit the details of a custom report.
- Give the report a user-friendly Name. This name will be used as part of the CSV download filename.
- Choose whether to set up a Schedule or run it On Demand.
- If scheduled, choose the frequency and the date information. You will see a description of the schedule you are setting up in the yellow message box below.
- Enter one or more Email addresses, separated by commas. Note: Stax Bill does not do any validation of these email addresses at the time of configuration.
- Click Update to save any changes you've made to the report's parameters.
- Click Run Now to run this report on demand based on its current settings. In this case, the report will be sent to the reporting queue and managed through the Notifications screen.
- Click Cancel to cancel changes and return to the grid.
Activating a Draft Custom Report
Typically, you will iterate with your Stax Bill Support Customer Service Representative to finalize the content and organization of the custom report until you are happy with it, within the terms of your Agreement. Once you are ready to use it as one of your allotted reports, click the Activate button from the report's Details screen. You will receive an informational message as follows:
Click Yes to complete the activation; click No to cancel and return to the grid. The report stays in Draft status and will not be scheduled or available for download.
If you are unsure what your entitlement is, please consult your internal Stax Bill vendor relationship owner(s) and have them clarify the entitlement based on the language in your Stax Bill Agreement. Stax Bill regularly reviews the number of active custom reports and may contact you if the number exceeds your entitlement.
Viewing the Results of a Custom Report
Whether a custom report runs on a schedule or on-demand, the report results are accessible via the Notifications tab in the Stax Bill Admin UI.