If you want to start using customer hierarchy when you first set up Stax Bill, there are a few steps that need to be done to make sure all data is set up appropriately.
Using Customer Hierarchy
The customer hierarchy needs to be set up in a particular order to link all the appropriate associations. For example, a child customer can not have a parent who is not activated. The following outlines the steps to implementing customer hierarchy.
- Import the parent customers using the bulk jobs. When complete, save the results file so you can use the IDs later. See Adding Customers, Subscriptions, and Products into Stax Bill.
- Add subscriptions to parent customers you created in step 1. See Adding Subscriptions to Customers.
- Activate the parent customers, who will also activate and provision subscriptions. See Activating Customers.
- Import the child customers using bulk imports. When downloading the starting file, ensure you select include customer hierarchy. In the starting file, add the customer information and the parent IDs collected from the results file in step 1. This will associate the child customers with the appropriate parent.
- Add subscriptions to the child customer. See Adding Subscriptions to Customers.
- Activate the child customers, which will also activate and provision subscriptions. See Activating Customers.