You can import your existing customers into Stax Bill using the Bulk Import feature. Importing customers adds them as new customers into Stax Bill.
- On the Jobs page, click View Import Jobs.
- On the Import page, click Create Import.
- On the Bulk Import window, select the Import Type Customer; select the Import Action Create and click Next.
- On the Choose an Import File window, select the column options to include with the customer and then click Export starting data file. See Creating Customers for the starting file fields. This file will contain the structure required to import the bulk action. Note: If you use customer hierarchy, you must first only add the parent customers. If you have already created and activated the parent customers and are now adding the child customers, you must select from the starting file Include hierarchy columns.
- Edit the starting file with the values to be updated and save the file. Note: If you are adding child customers, under the parent column, enter the parent customer's ID.
- Click Choose File to upload the edited starting data file and click Upload File.
- The file will be validated for structure. Click Record Validation.
- The Record Validation window will display the number of records processed and any errors encountered. Click Import Validated Records.
- The Import Complete window will display processed records and any errors.
- Optional: Click Download results to view a summary of the data entered into the system. This file will have the customers you just added and their newly assigned unique Stax Bill ID. In the following steps, the ID will be used to add subscriptions to the proper customers.
- Click Close.
If you need to add children to the hierarchy, complete (Optional) Customer Hierarchy and other Special Cases, otherwise you can complete Adding Subscriptions to Customers.