Excel help falls outside the scope of what we can provide in support. This is a common issue for our users and a common method for getting around it.
Import the CSV file into a new excel document as a data set.
- Download the exported report.
- Extract the CSV from the zip file to a familiar location.
- Open Excel and start a new blank spreadsheet (do not double-click the file, do not open it while you are in excel).
- From within the import prompts, Navigate to your file and open it.
- You should now be presented with a preview of the file.
- Change the encoding to UTF-8.
- Click "Transform Data." This will bring up something sometimes called the table editor or power query editor.
- Change financial value-related columns to interpret those values as currency instead of decimals (very important).
- Verify that dates are being interpreted correctly into a preferred/configured format.
- Merge with other data sets that you may already have in your spreadsheet.
- Change columns with leading 0's to Text instead of numbers to avoid unintentionally removing them (such as postal codes or IDs).
- Change identifier columns to text instead of numbers to avoid rounding.
- Once done, click Save and Close. This will complete the import and show you the table.