When suspending or cancelling a child or parent, there may be additional steps or consequences when either occurs. This is important in the context of Customer hierarchy and when unified invoices are enabled.
When a Child Suspends
A child that suspends will have its invoiced subscriptions suspend as well. If subscriptions are invoiced to the parent, however, these subscriptions will remain active or in draft status and are not affected by the child's suspension or hold. You can modify the default behaviour when a child suspends by completing the following:
- On the left menu, click Settings > Financials > Hierarchy Billing Preferences.
- On the Hierarchy Billing Preferences page, under Suspend Option, select from the drop-down menu a default behaviour.
- Continue to Bill Parent: On child suspend, subscriptions that were billed to the parent will continue uninterrupted.
- Do Not Bill Parent: On child suspend, subscriptions that were billed to the parent will be suspended.
- Do Not Suspend: A child that bills a parent can not suspend and remains active. Stax Bill recommends not using this option. It will be deprecated in future releases.
When a Parent Suspends
A parent that suspends will have its subscriptions suspended. In addition, any subscriptions from a child that are being invoiced to the parent will also be suspended. A child's subscriptions that are billed to the child will be unaffected.