Setting the default invoice owner when subscriptions or purchases are added to a customer at the account level allows you to quickly create invoices without determining the owner each time. However, this can be overridden on an individual basis.
- On the left menu, click Settings.
- On the Setting Dashboard, click Financials.
- On the Financials page, click Hierarchy Billing Preferences.
- On the Hierarchy Billing Preferences page, you can set the default behaviour of subscriptions and purchases.
- Always invoice the parent - the charges will be applied to the parent invoice.
- Always invoice the child - the charges will be on the customer who initiated the subscription/ purchase.
- Ask me each time - when an invoice is created, the user will be prompted to make a choice.
- You can toggle visibility and column descriptions for each entity in the Unified Child Charges window.
- The Append Child Details toggle allows you to send the detailed PDF invoice of each child along with the invoice summary to the parent.