Subscriptions can be activated manually. However, you can use the bulk jobs functionality to activate up to 1000 subscriptions.
To Bulk Activate Subscriptions
- In Stax Bill, from the left menu, navigate to Jobs.
- From the Jobs page, click View Import Jobs.
- On the Import Jobs page, click Create Import.
- On the Bulk Import page, click Subscription and then click Activate. Click Next.
- On the Subscription page, click Export starting data file.
- Open the data file.
- Change the header of Column A from SubscriptionId to SubscriptionName. Note: If you selected Reference when configuring your GeoTab configuration, change it to SubscriptionReference.
- Enter the serial numbers of the activated devices under the SubscriptionName (up to 1000 subscriptions).
- Save the file to your hard drive, ensure it is saved as a .csv (Comma Separated Values) file
- In Stax Bill, click Choose File, select the file you just updated, and click Upload File.
- The file validation will ensure that the file structure is correct. Click Start Record Validation.
- Click Import Validated Records. Note: The import will commence, and the progress can be found on the Jobs > Imports page.
To Bulk Cancel Subscriptions
The process to cancel subscriptions is similar to the bulk activation process. Instead of selecting Activate, you would select Cancel. Then follow the same steps but instead of adding subscriptions to activate, you would enter those to cancel.
File Validation Error Reasons
- Invalid file format
- Improperly named column name
Record Validation Error Reasons
The record validation can fail for a few reasons:
- More than 1000 records
- Duplicate records
- One record that has more than one subscription with the same serial number