For situations where you had not added the Custom Fields directly into the Products, you can add Custom Fields to your already created Plans and Products, allowing you to store additional metadata that is relevant to your business. This information can be included in custom reports. To add this information to the Products before adding the Product to a Plan see Creating Custom Fields at Product Level.
Setting up Custom Fields at the Plan and Product level
- You must first define your Custom Fields in the Settings area of Stax Bill. If you have not defined your Custom Fields yet, please see the section called Configuring Custom Fields to set them up.
- To use Custom Fields at the Plan level, go to Catalog > Plans and choose the plan where the Custom Fields are needed.
- Click on Edit.
- Click the Show Advanced Settings.
- Note that if you have multiple frequencies configured, you must configure the Custom Fields for each frequency.
- Custom Fields can be added to the Plan and the Products under that Plan.
- Note that when you create custom fields on a Product, they will automatically be carried with the Product when it is added to a Plan. If the custom field has a default value, this value will also be carried with the Product into the Plan. It can be overridden at that time and/or when a customer subscribes to the Plan. Additional custom fields can also be added to the Product after it is in a Plan.
- On the Custom Field tab, click Assign Custom Field.
- If you want your custom field to have a default value when a customer subscribes to this plan, enter the information in the Default Value field.
- Click Save.
- To remove a custom field from a plan, click Remove.
Note that only new subscriptions to this plan will reflect the removal of a custom field; all existing subscriptions to the plan will retain the custom field information.
- You can repeat these steps to add custom fields to other Products within the Plan, or at the Plan level itself.