A subscription will be in Draft status until you activate it by clicking Activate. This allows you to review and make changes before finalizing the subscription details.
Activating the Subscription
If this is the customer's first subscription, it will activate or be set to provisioning when the customer is activated.
If this is a new subscription on an already active customer, activation can be set to provision or be activated from the customer's subscriptions list.
You can bulk activate subscriptions by using the Bulk Jobs. See Activating Subscriptions
Other Parameters for Subscriptions
- Scheduled Activation allows you to set the Plan to activate on a future date. When clicked, a calendar will appear that allows you to choose when you want the subscription and associated products to activate (charge).
- Set Expiry allows you to set the number of periods after which the subscription expires and a default renewal extension.
- Set the Number of Periods the Plan should be in an active state. For example, if you have a monthly plan contracted for 1 Year, you would enter 12 for the number of periods, whereas for an annual plan, you would enter 1.
- The Default Renewal Extension is the number of periods that the subscription will be extended if a customer renews their subscription themselves (see Expiry Management with the Customer Self-Serve Portal) or if an Agent uses the Push Expiry button. Some common examples:
- The initial term is for 12 months, and the customer can renew for an additional 12 months.
- The initial term is for 3 years; the renewal term is for 1 year.
- The initial term is for 12 months; the renewal term is for 3 months.
Note: Both settings must refer to the same type of frequency and express in the current subscription frequency. For example, you cannot set an initial term of 1 year and a renewal term of 3 months. Instead, you would set them for 12 months and 3 months.
- The Push-Out Expiry button (which only appears on Active Subscriptions) extends the expiry by the Default Renewal Extension value at the bottom. You can also edit both of these numbers to override the defaults.
- If no expiry is set, the subscription will be "evergreen" and continue until cancelled.
- Enter the Contract Start and Contract End dates.
Note: These fields have no specific function in Stax Bill; they are for reference purposes only.
Assign Coupon allows you to enter a predefined coupon code. You will get a pop-up to choose a coupon from those applying to this Plan.